Monday, June 6, 2016

NXT Takeover: The End Preview

Wednesday will be the latest take over event.  So I thought I would take this week to do a preview of the event.  So lets take a look at each match and I'll give my predictions.

- Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Tye Dillinger

Almas has been getting intro packages for that last few weeks.  Couple that with unless someone is coming in and taking on a champion chances are they win their debut match.  I think Almas goes over on the Perfect 10.

- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Austin Aries

Both of these guys have been getting a nice push since debuting.  I expect to see a great match and Nakamura going over Aries.  Just based on the fact that I don't think Nakamura will be in NXT for very long.  I think he is just there to get some promo time with the English language and to get used to the American style of wrestling.  Besides tell me you don't want to see Nakamura against Joe or Finn for the title next.

- American Alpha (c) vs. The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championships.

These guys tore the house down at the last event and had the best tag match I've seen in years.  I don't know how they can top it.  But I think they'll try.  American Alpha goes over here.  I say this in part because I think the Revival is being called up soon.  They are starting to do the favors for other tag teams on the show, just like the Vaudevillians and Enzo & Cass did before being called up.

- Auska vs. Nia Jax Woman's Championship

Nia and Auska have been booked as monsters since debuting.  I'm thinking Auska goes over, because it's too soon for them to have her loose the belt.  And someone like Auska isn't a transitional champ.  At the contract signing they made a point of making Nia look strong, making Auska look like the underdog here.  Giving her that mountain to climb.  I think this will be a lasting fued with Auska getting the first win.

- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Finn Bálor  NXT Championship.

So here we are the big one.  Finn trying to become the first two time NXT champ.  On top of that the word is that the looser of the match will be called up to the main roster after Takeover.  For this reason I think Joe keeps the belt and Finn goes up.  Maybe he takes the final spot in the MITB ladder match or can you say Balor "Club."  Either of these guys can hang on the main roster.  So I'll be happy with either turn out. 

What do you think happens at Takeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment